Heart Disease Expert Forum
HDL

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

HDL

My LDL is 220 and my HDL is 99.  Is my HDL to high? If so how do I lower the HDL.  I am 56,5'5", 130lb. I excersise daily. Thank you.
Dear Rebecca.

Absolutely not!  You HDL is protective , the higher the better!  YOu are one of the lucky few to have a high level of this important GOOD cholesterol.  Keep exercising.
Dr.,
Thank you for your response.  My PPO physician has told me that my LDL [220] may be considered high at first glance but the ratio of LDL and HDL is fine.  Do I need to try and lower the LDL?  My reason for asking is based in my history of 2 resections  Chrohn's [first resection & second melignant tumor] and due to disease I just due much better if eat no fresh food.  Everything needs to be cooked and I exclude oats, grains and nuts--they are not body friendly foods for me.  Again, thank you.
Dear Rebecca,

I would consider using a medication to lower this LDL if you have risk factors for CAD.