Heart Disease Community
Heart Feels Funny
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart Feels Funny

I'm not really too sure how to describe this besides saying my heart feels funny. It doesn't happen all the time though. The only way I can really describe this, is whenever I feel my heart take a beat, it's like there's some kind of very small bump that I feel. But I don't feel this all the time though, and I don't know if it could be something else. I mostly get this feeling when I am laying on my side or laying on my back in bed. I don't feel anything at all when I am standing up or sitting down or anything. My heart feels completely fine then. Is this something to be worried about? I used to suffer from a lot of anxiety, but I'm not doing A LOT better now. It seems like this really gets worse when I am focusing on it. Could this be due to my anxiety coming back again? I'm 178lbs and I just started doing the Wii Fit fitness thing 4 days ago (Really fun btw!). Since then I seem to notice it a little more (But not while doing the Wii Fit game when my heart is beating faster). But maybe that is just my anxiety acting up about it? There doesn't seem to be any skipped beats or odd rhythms or anything like that and I don't have any physical side effects from it. No chest pain, tingling feelings, or lightheadedness or anything so I would think that's good. Could these maybe be some sort of palpitations maybe? Or is this maybe just all in my head and this is the way my heart is supposed to feel? (The reason I say that is because I never really became aware of my heart beat until I started having my anxiety last November and I had 2 anxiety attacks. Or at least my mind never really ever drifted and focused on it. So I don't really know how my heart is suppose to feel because I never really ever concentrated on it.) I mean, I don't fell bad or anything, it just gets to be a little annoying sometimes when I try to sleep and I can't get my mind off it. It makes me feel like there's something seriously wrong with me when I know it could just be anxiety.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm only 18 and I have never had any heart problems before. I had an EKG done back in November when all this anxiety started and that came out all within normal levels. Same for a blood test. Should I consider going back to my doctor and seeing what he thinks? I just don't understand how my heart can feel perfectly fine one moment and then I feel this weird bump the second. And maybe it's just chest muscle spasms from doing the Wii Fit too...idk...

Please help me! This is sort'a scaring me.