Heart Disease Expert Forum
Heart Wall Spasms

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Heart Wall Spasms
My aunt has been experiencing spasms in her chest.  The DR said it is her wall of her heart that is causing spasms.  What could be causing this?  She has to go back for tests, but it's going to be a few days, which makes me think that it's not that serious if they are waiting for the tests.  But is it caused from blockage or stress or what?  Thanks
krushing,

thanks for the post.  There are a lot of different causes of chest pain. Some more concerning than others and some related to the heart
and some related to other organs and parts of the chest such as the esophagus and muscles.  

Her Dr is probably going to do test to look for these causes. These might include an ecg and stress test.

Its impossible to tell what is causing her symptoms over the internet, but her visit to the doctor should help.

good luck
without knowing what the symptoms are and where the pain is, here is just a thought..costochondritis.check it out, i was diagnosed with it last year. good luck.
How long does costochondritis last? I believe it is possible I am experiencing this. Did your sternum make popping sounds if you stretched out?
I have had costochondritis for almost 2 years now. Sometimes its better and gone for months and then I get it again for months on end, some days are better than others. But when it gets unbearable, ot just to ease my mind I take 1 Tylenol and the pain goes away. Sorry no I did not have a poppin sound in my chest when I stretched out. It's mostly in the middle of the chest wrapping around the bottom of the left breast. If you type in costochondritis in a search engine or go to web md the symptoms are spelled out and you can see if you can idenitfy with those. Hope this helps.