Heart Disease Expert Forum
How many people in their twenties have this?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I am 25 and overweight, but untill a few months ago I was always feeling Fine. Now I have been told that I have atrial fibulation and it scares me to death.I have now developed a fear of sleeping at night and also have anxiety. How can I relieve all these fears that I have?
Dear Jess,

It is important for you to have a full evaluation to rule out valve disease or congenital heart disease including an atrial septal defect.  you should also decrease alcohol and caffeine as much as possible.  

these fears will resolve once you have  afull evaluation and get some answers to your questions.  It is not normal for a 25 year old to have this and should be pursued by your physician.
Jess,

I have had a problem with A-fib since I was 26 years old (ten years). I have had 8 episodes since then and the time between each episode has gotten smaller and smaller. I have tried several medications, but have yet to find a cause or cure. Although it is frightening, it is important to get medical attention. The one benefit is I have been tested and tested and have been found to have no blockage or defects (other than the unexplained A-fib). So, good luck and get medical help.

Jeff
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.