Intermittent pressure in chest
My 15 year old daughter has been experiencing this intermittent pressure in her chest for a couple weeks now. She has complained of heartburn in the past but claims this is not what it feels like. I am taking her to the doctor but I wanted to ask the community if this sounds familiar to anyone?  Thanks.  Lynn
The usual heartburn sensation is recognised by most people, but when the esophagus becomes inflamed from acid then it's a different story. I have now had 3 heart attacks and I still can't distinguish the pain from an inflamed esophagus. It is very painful and feels deep in the chest. With too much heartburn the acid can inflame the sphincter at the top of the stomach, letting the esophagus get acid burns and become damaged. It takes a fair amount of anti-acid medication to lower the acid levels and aid recovery. Mine took three weeks to calm down. The other confusing issue is that it didn't occur just after eating. I could eat nothing all day and then suddenly out of the blue the pains would start. Sometimes they would last 20 minutes, and sometimes several hours. I have always found that a teaspoon of Gaviscon eased it, and quickly.