Heart Disease Expert Forum
Left Hemiblock, Unidentified Chest/Throat Ticking

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I'm currently stumping doctors left and right with my situation.  I have a very odd and strange "ticking" sound that you can hear through my mouth and in my throat.  The sound is synonomous with my heart beat but the doctor was not able to hear a possible "rub" with a stethoscope in my chest.  The sound is very audible once I start exercising or if my heart rate rises.  I had an EKG done and the doctor determined I had a left hemiblock.  Other symptoms I've been feeling are that I start wheezing when its cold, if I drink alcohol, after vigorous exercise, eating until I'm full, and with strong smells such as perfume. Another odd thing was that the oxygen in my heart decreased from 95% to 90% after doing jumping jacks for 30 seconds.  I have an echocardiogram scheduled soon, but I had one about 6 months ago and they did not see anything unusual.  I'd appreciate any input as to what is going on, thank you!
I am not sure what the ticking sound is, as it does not sound like any typical murmur, as it is heard loudest in your mouth and throat. The fact that you de-saturate may mean that you have either some pulmonary process or a right to left shunt in your heart. So the echocardiogram should be performed, and during it a bubble study should be performed to assess for the presence of one of these ( PFO, ASD or VSD). If there is a concern about either pulmonary hypertension or RV dysfunction then a right heart catheterization can be performed with an ingoing shunt run to fully document the presence of a Left to Right shunt, and document any pulmonary hypertension and its responsiveness to calcium channel blockers and Nipride .
Dear Louie,

I was very intrigued by your question regarding the ticking in your throat and chest.  I was amazed.  I have all the same symptoms you do.  EXACTLY !!!!!!!!  I have a cardiac history.  Also am having shortness of breath.  A symptom I have in addition is, after doing anything physically exerting............I yawn excessively.  I don't know what to think but was amazed at your story.  You are not crazy.  I would appreciate any information you learn about this "condition".  My email address is ***@****    
Thanks,

Roger
A related discussion, Ticking or clicking noise in my throat area was started.