Heart Disease Expert Forum
Life expectancy of bypass surgery patient
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Life expectancy of bypass surgery patient

I had bypass surgery 10 years ago.  I have just retired.  My wife and I are going through a divorce and a pension company has estimated the present value of my pension by using life expectancy tables in the court rules.  I am trying to figure out what my life expectancy is based on the fact that I had 2 heart attacks and triple bypass surgery at age 52 (I'm now 62).  I'm a male, non-smoker, 15-20 pounds overweight.  My general health is good.  Would you be able to tell me what my life expectancy is or where I might be able to get that information?  
THANKS!
Related Discussions
238671_tn?1189759432
After successful bypass surgery, your life expectancy should not be any shorter than it would have been otherwise.
4 Comments
Blank
At the age of 17 I had a Mitral valve replacement. I am now 18. I am having problems with my blood count. My P T is 1.5. I know my goal is 2.5-3.5. I am taking 3 coumadin tablets a day and the doctors can not seem to figure out what I am consuming in my regular everyday diet than is hendering my P T. I need to know my
approximate life expectancy. I have also been searching diligently for someone in my age group that have had this surgery.  Please reply as soon as possible

Thanks,

Tiffany Foxall
Blank
At the age of 17 I had a Mitral valve replacement. I am now 18. I am having problems with my blood count. My P T is 1.5. I know my goal is 2.5-3.5. I am taking 3 coumadin tablets a day and the doctors can not seem to figure out what I am consuming in my regular everyday diet than is hendering my P T. I need to know my
approximate life expectancy. I have also been searching diligently for someone in my age group that have had this surgery.  Please reply as soon as possible

Thanks,

Tiffany Foxall
Blank
238671_tn?1189759432
You should have a normal life expectancy. There are people your age that have also had valve surgery - perhaps your doctor can provide you with the name and number of one of them to speak with.
Blank
528221_tn?1212791806
A related discussion, Life expectancy was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Life expectancy after heart bypass was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity