Looking for answers
Hi, I know this is a forum for paediatric cardiologists but was hoping you may have some advice about some symptoms My mother has been experiencing. My Mum is 46, not over weight, does not smoke or drink and is quiet active on a regular basis.
Recently she was admitted to hospital after a stress test showed a left bundle branch blockage which she was sent for after experiencing severe central chest pain with a radiating sharp pain that lasts about a minute or two on average a couple of times a day and nearly always on exertion. She is also experiencing chest tightness/heaviness almost all the time but sometimes will have episodes where she feels she is being crushed and then begins to experience left side weakness in her arm as well as pain when the pain in her chest begins.

Whilst in hospital they performed a resting ECG which appeared within normal range and an angiogram that showed no arterial blockages, The treating cardiologist said he was "Perplexed" as he had assumed it was most likely to be a blockage. she was discharged on Nitroglycerin and aspirin and was told a pulmonary function test would be booked on D/C.
Since she has been home (nearly two weeks now) She has put on 2 kilos in just over a week despite not having a very big appetite which mainly seems to be showing in her stomach and she says she feels very bloated. She does also suffer from Reflux and has been on Somac for this for a while now but is still experiencing burning reflux daily.
The concern since she has been home from hospital is that the chest pain is becoming more frequent and most concerning is that it is brought on by simple everyday tasks such as climbing a few steps or taking the garbage out to the bin or taking a shower (which we have now put a chair in for her to sit on whilst taking a shower)

Our GP has ordered an echocardiogram for tomorrow but am wondering if you have any ideas?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and appreciate anything you have to offer.