Heart Disease Expert Forum
PAIN ON LEFT SIDE BELOW BREAST @ RIB CAGE

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I have had this discomfort for several years...about a month ago I had a Viral infection with a terrible cough...the side pain is sore to touch now...My doctor seems to think I just pulled a muscle. I had a CT  Scan done in 2000.
According to my Family Doctor-there is nothing in the area that I have this Pain and discomfort...I call it my Worms Head because several (5-7 years ago) I had discomfort in my back---that is gone now and my side hurts...
what is located on the left side below my Breast under my rib cage.  My Sister in Law thinks that is where my Heart is....
Dear Nay Nay,

The heart is located to the left of the center of the chest. If the pain is worsened by cough or palpation then it is unlikely to be your heart. However, since I have not spoken with you personally or examined you, I would recommend seeing a physician.

Thanks for your question,

CCF-MD-KE
hi, ok iam no dr. here but iam a heart patient.  i recently had a bad case of broncutis had to get breathing treatments whole 9 yards and had the worse cough i have ever had and had the same problem, had pain so bad in my left upper right under my breast it even hurt to touch, when my heart dr. layed me down he had to help me back up he said i more then likely pulled or tore a muscle, so he gave me meds for the pain. it took like 3 weeks.

no like i said i have a heart condition and suffer from angina and thought right away it was my heart but the pain was so different there was something that told me it was not my heart.
but iam no dr. so..............make sure you check it out with your dr.  but you either pulled a muscle or fractured a rib. the worse is lying down getting up or pressing on it.

good luck!
Lynn
-
Get Google search-engine to look for Tietze's Syndrome-Costochondritis.
- It's a rib-muscle-thing probably..., due to coughing etc.
I have the same problem.
Nothing serious, but painful!
Takes a while to heal too, and then can return suddenly.
Often feels like a heart-problem: it's not.
-
Stay healthy,    ***Ianna***
Thank God for this forum, I've had this same pain ever since I got sick 4 weeks ago then it turned into a respiratory thing then the paid started. Its directly under my left breast by my ribs, its sooooo paid full to cough, sneeze, getting up or laying down. Almost like I got kicked in my rib. I got scared it was my heart too but I'm pretty sure its "costochongitis" don't k ow if I spelled that correct. I still have yet yo go to the Dr thanks to my busy schedule. Wonder how long this pain will continue for?