PVC Question
Hello, I am 46 yr old andI was wondering if I could get some clarification from someone in regards to PVC's. Does a PVC make your heart beat faster or stronger? I am going crazy right now because for the last 25 years I have been feeling these strange things in my heart. The very fist time I felt a big "THUMP"  in my chest while I was playing basketball and I thought my heart was going to stop right then and there. Because of what I felt, I had a nervous break down and was unable to function fro about 2 years. I went to see many doctors but they never found anything wrong with me. After a few year I guess I got used to my heart acting weard so I learned to not pay much attenion to what it did. For the past 25 years I used to get that same "THUMP" beat every few months but it seems that lately I get them more often and they are still very scary eventhough nothing has happened to me. They have done all kinds of test lately including the holter monitor and stress test but they still cannot find anything wrong with my heart. Do I make myself understand when I say I get this "thump"? Its like I would be in front of the computer and my heart rythm feels like this: thump, thump, thump, THUMP, thump, thump. or some times, very rearlly I feel a "THUMP,THUMP"  and that really scares the heck out of me!  Sorry for the long post but I am very depressed right now and I guess I need some reassurance. I appreciate your input.  thank you so much
It sounds like PVCs (premature ventricular contractions), which almost everyone has but most don't feel or simply ignore. After the the premature beat there is a longer than normal pause, which gives the heart more time to fill with blood. The following beat is more forceful as the extra blood is expelled. Check out the heart rhythm forum. You will find people there, like myself, who have had thousands of these harmless but annoying things daily.