Heart Disease Expert Forum
PVCs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

PVCs

Hi, I'm a 28 y/o male morbidly obese @363lbs (have lost 42lbs in past 4 months!) non-smoker, don't drink, etc.  I take 3mg of Ativan daily for anxiety (also seeing a therapist) and 8-9mg of warfarin to keep my PT/INR in the 2-3 range.  I was perfectly healthy (minus being fat :D) my entire life until I was hospitalized after having pneumonia for bi-lateral pulmonary embolisms which thankfully cleared up after a heparin drip & coumadin.  Major lifestyle changes have happened since then.  After I was released from the hospital, had my first panic attack; I honestly thought I was having a heart attack, ER doctor said it was panic/anxiety & sent me home.  After having about 4 more panic attacks & constant terrible thoughts of dying, I brought up all my concerns to the doctor and he wanted me to see a cardiologist.  I did the 24hr Holter, 30 day event monitor & heart sonogram & nothing showed any abnormalities at all, perfectly normal heart/rhythm, except for tachycardia during panic attacks, go figure.  Literally two days after I took the 30 day monitor off & returned it, I started having PVCs, which I once again thought were going to kill me.  Doctor checked things out, caught one on a 12-second EKG rhythm strip & said nothing to worry about, and that my heart was probably just irritated at having to try & push blood through all the clots I had.  I've had PVCs as many as 5-7 times per minute for 3 days straight (which my doctor wasn't concerned about), and as little as 1-2 in a day, but they keep coming back.  4 months later, I'm still having palpitations (normally when I stand up, but random for the most part) and the PVCs seem to have mutated into the pause/thump but then it feels like I'm being shocked, and it radiates out into my hands & feet & makes me feel like I'm going to pass out.  This is new to me, and I haven't seen anybody have the same symptoms, so I'm curious as to whether or not this is 'normal', or something to be concerned about