Heart Disease Community
Severe Chest pain post stenting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Severe Chest pain post stenting

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:FKununr8RIYJ:www.scielo.br/scielo.php%3Fpid%3DS0102-76382003000400002%26script%3Dsci_arttext+inflammation+from+coronary+stent&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

The above web "http" contains the best article to explain what is wrong with us... there are newer articles and american written that say the same thing... but I like this one as it is so easy to understand, has pictures of the problem, etc.

I will later post another article that tells what some doctors are trying drug wise to help, but none of the drugs helped me really. One is Celebrex, for example, or prednisone, dangerous drugs perhaps, but tried by doctors.

Note other recent articles written by american doctors and scientists about patent (compeletly open) stents, yet severe chest pain/angina, imediately and continuous post stenting, are by some very exteemed doctors.

Some others suggest it is the plastic (polymer) coating around the Drug eluding stent adding to the already big problem of constant non-bending and stretch. The problem of post (after) stent pain would occur with the bare large stent, but not as much as with the Drug eluding stent...

...if one really take times to search the web, you will see dozens of well written articles about it... only way out I think seems to be to somehow have a bypass around the stent, eliminate it.

...In my case (now 5 years old) it would mean perhaps a 5 way bypass, since the stent is sticking into the left main, though the blockage was origionally only in the small part of one vessel, the LAD osteum (end). So I am screwed. Others I know were able to bypass and remove the stent with out much trouble, single vessel, etc., though it was open chest, heart out, heart lung machine, full bypass, but only one vessel, for 2 friends with same problem.

In my case, a 5 way bypass would be too dangerous, so I have sought other means without success. I have tried all natural anti inflammitories with no success. I feel time is running out.

I have severe chest pain every nite and morning since the exact morning after it was installed. Never before. Stent is very patent after 4 angiograms and 1 CT. Including now. Had complete esophageal workups at Cleveland Clinic, was told all perfect. CT of aorta, perfect. Other tests on possible causes, all perfect.

One surgeon says he may be able to just pull the Stent out of the Left main as Cypher DES (plastic coated) stents remain "slippery", then just mammary bypass to the LAD, perfotrators would just sort of be ignored, if nothing can be done about saving them (one coming through the center of stent currently).

Questions: know any great CV surgeons that do amazing work on the toughest cases?  Worth the risk? Can it be limited to 1 vessel, ie., will the stent be "DES SLIPPERY" enough to just pull it out of Left main, and then sew the opening in the left main, thus avoiding a 5 way bypass? Should I worry about that perforator that will be abandoned that is now in the center of the stent? Risk need for transfusion?

Or should forget bypass surgery and just deal with the inflammation, severe pain, unsure future of the vessel walls around the stent, etc. Steve from Florida