Severe fatigue 6 months after heart surgery
I had a mitral valve repair six months ago with a MAZE procedure and a left atrial appendage resection.  I have atrial fibrilation which now happens about once a month.  I have severe fatigue and if I push myself then i have a a-fib episode.  I've had to cut my hours at work to part time.  I want to know if it is the operation, medicine (atenolol 50mg) coumidin.  I cannot read, watch a movie, go out after 5.  i wouldn't mind if I knew this was going to get better.
The atrial fibrillation could be caused by the surgery.  This does happen and did happened to my mom.  The coumadin makes a person feel real weak.  My father is on coumadin and after he started taking it he was feeling more tired with napping during the daytime and weak.  Coumadin can also cause osteoporosis.  It is a powerful blood thinner.  Atenolol is a beta blocker.  Atenolol levels do not stay at a constant level throughout the day (the levels go up and dip).  You should ask your doctor if the Atenolol and Coumadin is what you should be taking with the symptoms you are having.  There are a lot of other beta blockers out there and there is Plavix instead of the Coumadin.  Plavix works like aspirin.