Heart Disease Expert Forum
Sinus Arrhythmia, Fatigue, and Dizziness

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Recently after several weeks of fatigue and episodes of dizziness, I decided to see a doctor.  I had also noticed an irregular heart beat and low blood pressure.  The doctor did an EKG and said that I had a sinus arrhythmia and had nothing to worry about and that I would eventually grow out of it.  When I was born twenty five years ago the doctors said I had a heart murmur but it was eventually ruled out that there was a hole in my heart.  My question is...wouldn't a sinus arrhythmia be detected earlier if I've had it all my life or is it something that can just start happening?  Also, would my fatigue and dizziness have anything to do with this?  My doctor seemed to ignore these symptoms and put it all off on too little sleep, but I get plenty of sleep.  I'm just curious as to if there is any connection with all these symptoms irregular heart beat, dizziness, and fatigue.  Thank you so much for your help.
A sinus arrhythmia is usually a normal variation in the heart beat due to breathing. It occurs most often in young healthy people. It does not cause any symptoms. If your episodes of dizziness coincide with your periods of irregular heart beats, it could be some other type of arrhythmia, but not sinus arrhythmia. A Holter monitor may help clarify the situation.
Hiya im experiencing some of the same Problems but its been going on for about a year now with no real break in it .. Constand dizzyness, Palpatations off and on, troubles breathing . i ve had an ekg done and because theres so many symptoms my doctor wanted to rule it as anxiety which is retarded because i have no prior record of that and im not one to be like that .. but im really worried and have no answers any thrown my way would be greatly appreciated i ve lived a year and a bit with this and just want some sorta relife from it..
Dispater
IT would be worthwhile to have a Holter monitor, as an EKG can miss the diagnosis if you were not having symptoms at the time of the EKG.