Squeezing feeling on the chest
Dear Sir/Maam
I am 26 years old female. For atleast the last 2 months of so, I have been getting this very strange squeezing feeling on my chest. If I could describe it correct, its something like my lungs are going dry. It gets quite tight and remains so for a while. Then when I forcefully try to burp or drink water, it does gets better. Many a times its competely normal also. Sometimes I feel the pain is on the rib cage, it starts to hurt on back . Anyways, I did got it examined by a leading physcian in my country. Got my ECG done and blood tests also. My BP is normal, my blood test is perfect, thyroid level has been checked, its all normal. I recently even got the asthama test taken and when I showed it two the doctor he said it is mild asthama. However, even when I am taking Myteka (antiasthimatic) and Telefast (anti-allergy), this symptom is not going away. What else do you think can be possibely cause this problem ? I would like to tell you that I don't have any family history of heart disease by grace of god. Both my parents are not heart patients or have diabetes. I just don't know in which direction to think. The doctors says its nothing at all, but the problem should go away then. I am a banker by profession and when this pain starts, it hinders my work considerably too. I would really appreciate it if you could help me, to figure out what other causes can lead to this symptom ?

I have been experiencing similar symptoms also.  I have almost a constant feeling of pressure on my chest that radiates into my neck and throat.  I feel like there is something stuck in my throat.  I have had numerous cardiac workups in the past year.  I am starting to get concerned again because this has been going on for about 3 weeks now with no relief.  I do also get lightheaded but I'm not sure if this is just anxiety kicking in.  I have had this many times in the past (check previous posts) but it just seems worse now.  I'm at my wits end with this.

Shell