TGA procedure and now tons of chest pain and irregular beats

i'm now 31yrs old living in PA and I do have a pediatric specialist at Penn Hospital.  Question:  i had a TGA senning procedure done in London back in Nov of 81 and I have had no issues up until about a year ago when I swore I was having a heart attack (clearly, I wasn't).  I started having severe palpitations and now its at the point where its painful, not uncomfortable (I'm beyond that point), I am having the typical (normal) irregular heart beats but the painful palpitations are my main concern.  During my menstrual cycle, this can last for hours at a time with relief for a few minutes.   sitting/laying down only makes it worst.  I do not have a pacemaker (yet).  Does anyone here experience severe palpitations and irregular heart beats during their time of the month?  any suggestions?  

Thank you in advance!!!!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You have to check with your surgeons/ cardiologists to see for any long term complications post surgery. The pain could be due to angina, fibrosis or endocarditis. Blood tests, EKG, ECHO and sometimes stress testing may help to detect the cause for the painful palpitations. So, don't delay and consult your doctor at the earliest. Good Luck.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.