Heart Disease Expert Forum
Tired all the time can't keep up excercising.

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to post this question. I have been having trouble for quite some time now, have had bouts of angina, I quess angina, tightness, pressure in middle of chest sometimes spreads to left upper shoulder area and sometimes in my throat feels like I'm being choked also swelling of veins I think on either side of my neck(lower part). Anyways am only 40 yrs old and have had EKG's done docs say everything ok, Also have gained lots of weight to me for now apparent reason am being told to eat less and exercise. am trying, took up walking and riding stationary bike recently again! my problem is I really do try hard but after a while I am so exhausted have had to miss some work because of this tiredness. Also after afternoon walk so tired I want to take a nap at work. I feel as though I am in a catch 22 doc says exercise and when I do I can hardly get out of bed. Had a halter monitor test for 1 day and this is the result 1. Normal sinus rhythm with periods of bradycardia and sinus tachycardia. Heart rate ranging from 59 beats per min. to 106 per min. 2. rare isolated supraventricular ectopic beats, 3.rare isolated ventricular ectopic beats.4. 3 episodes of coupled ventricular ectopic beats. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Also no one has explained the holter monitor results to me.
Sorry so lengthy a question just felt I needed to explain. Thank you again, Capchick
The chest discomfort symptoms could be angina, especially if brought on by physcial exertion. THe normal EKG at rest does not exclude the possibility of angina. A stress test may help sort out whether this is in fact angina that you are experiencing. There is nothing on the Holter of particular concern.
My regular doctor saw nothing wrong either.  He also did an ekg and said to move more and eat less.  Told me how to work on getting more sleep.  Heck I was sleeping 12 hours a day and like you at work too.  I since went to a heart doctor.  I did the 30 day event montoir.  This showed Sinus tachycarda, uslly in the mid 150's.  No wonder I was tried all the time.  I know at times it would last for days.  Then there was then good days.  So a 24 montior is not what you needed maybe.  However if you doctor says to take the toprol xl, Due so.  It is only costing me $18.00 a month with out insurance.  Toprol is a time release, so it last 24 hours.  Give it a week or two and see how you feel.  There is other beta blockers out there that only cost $5.00 a month.  I am on my third one cause of my asthma and my tachycarda was breaking though.  Letting your heart beat to fast in time can wear it out. Of course it takes years and years and years.  And most of all, don't worry about it.  It is not uncommon for people to have a fast beat from time to time or even skips.  As long as your doctor says you don't have heart disease, relax take the medicene and ride that bike or walk.  Your not going to die.  

Sincerely,
Buzz
I quess angina, tightness, pressure in middle of chest sometimes spreads to left upper shoulder area and sometimes in my throat feels like I'm being choked

Also have gained lots of weight to me for now apparent reason

I am so exhausted have had to miss some work because of this tiredness.

*******************

Some of your symptoms sound like thyroid issues.  have you been checked for a goiter?  that can cause a choking sensation and fatigue and weight gain for no apparant reason.  Get it check ed out.  Sometimes, being hyperthyroid can cause your heart to race, and eat more (hence the weight gain)  but hyPOthyroidism can do that as well.  Get it checked out tomorrow, ask for a tsh scan and resolve this today.  Also, ask your Dr. for a Stress echo, not just a stress test..the difference is they look at your heart with ultrasound and this way, they can rule out mitral valve prolapse, etc....Women have to ask for these things, so do ask, no, INSIST, tomorrow!!!!
just read  your  symptoms.....hope  you  are  seeing  a  cardiologist!  Unusual  weight  gain, extreme  tiredness,
sleepiness,  and  pain  &  swelling  onside  of  neck  are  All  symptoms  my  husband  has.  He  has  congestive  heart  failure.
Doctors  don't  know  everything  &  some  are  downright  unconcerned.  Sometimes  you  have  to  be  very  persistent  to  get  them  to  take  you  seriously.Insist  on  thouroughness
It  could  save  your  life.
The  pain  and/or  feeling  of  being  swollen  in  the  sides  of  the  neck  very  possibly  means pressure  in  the  veins.