bypass surgery
Nine months ago, my father had triple bypass surgery.  He didn't survive.  Because he was on the bypass machine so long during surgery, he developed SIRS (systemic inflammatory response syndrome).  His system slowly shut down and it was a horrible battle.  After 5 weeks in the hospital, he developed Stevens Johnson syndrome, which is like an allergic reaction to a medication.  His skin just bubbled up and peeled off in large layers.  His mouth, tongue, and throat were burned also.  He could not eat or drink. He was transported to a well known teaching hospital in Birmingham, Alabama.  His doctor there waited another 9 days to put him on a feeding tube.  It was too little, too late.  

I was just wondering if any of you know of anyone who developed SIRS following bypass surgery and the outcome of it.  I am looking for information.