chest pains in heart area after quitting smoking
i recently quit smoking (around 7 days ago). i am experiencing shortness of breath, which i hear is not abnormal. i recently noticed also that i have very mild chest pains, in the general area of my heart (upper central chest to the left) when i breathe deeply.

i am 27. i never touched a cigarette until two years ago. i smoked 3 to 10 a day for the past two years.

is this my lung or my heart that is hurting? given my background, is it normal if the heart is hurting, or does it mean there is something wrong? what's the likelihood this is something serious?

another question. i don't want it to go in my medical records that i smoked. how can i avoid this, and also get a chest x-ray if necessary? and who should i go to to get the xray?

can i just go to my doctor, tell him that i am having chest pains, and ask for the x-ray without telling him i've smoked?

im freaking out...would appreciate your help and some reassurance
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Angina or pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart is usually retrosternal (mid chest or slightly to the left) and is usually brought on by exercise and relieved by rest. But the pain does not alter with breathing, so its unlikely that the pain is cardiac pain.

If you are a smoker and have developed long standing lung infections/inflammation it can compromise your lung function.  Breathlessness on exertion could be due to the decreased lung function. To improve lung function practice breathing exercises and quit smoking.  Besides an X ray, lung function tests could further help in evaluation. If the symptoms are getting worse or if you develop additional symptoms please consult your primary care physician.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.