Heart Disease Expert Forum
difference

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

difference

AFter my 84 yr old Mother had an MI and CHF. The MD now has her on Toprol and Imdur with a parameter of not to give if 100/60 This is too low. I find it should be more like 120/60. Even then I have been holding them and by nighttime the BP can be as high as 180/60-90. We are going for an apt. But in the meantime have talked to my friend a pharmacist. She suggested giving the toprol and not the imdur which I did. (She also gets Aldactone 25 and lasix 20 which I have given 30 min apart.  ONLY giving the toprol has worked but by evening the systolic is still 180-200. So yesterday I tried giving the Toprol 25 in the morning and then Imdur 15 in afternoon. By evening the BP was good 130/60

Just wondered if you had any other suggestions before the MD appt???? And if you can tell me exactly the difference between Toprol and Imdur without my researching it....

Than ks
I
Staggering meds the way did it with the toprol in the AM and the imdur in the PM is a great idea.  It sounds like it worked well this far. I would keep it this way.  
A related discussion, Nitrocontin 2.6mg was started.