Heart Disease Expert Forum
implantable loop recorder/reveal monitor

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

okay my 5 1/2 year old son, Christopher just had the reveal/implantable loop recorder put in on April 8th they set the monitor so if his HR goes below 40 or above 200 then it will automatically record, if he has any pauses or arrythemia's it will automatically record. now on tues. while he was painting at preschool he turned very flushed, sweaty, cool and clammy. he was cyanotic around the mouth and the bridge of his nose. he WAS NOT in respiratory distress (he can turn color when he is) the teacher hit the record button and recorded his symptoms on paper. when he got home I sent it to where ever it goes. now I asked several of the medical staff how do I know if it is automatically recording and I don't know it. they will show me in follow up (they didn't put it in another doctor did in a larger hospital) so they called me back the next day, the cardiologist nurse, and said WELL THE DOCTOR DOESN'T WANT TO CHANGE ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, BUT HE NEEDS MORE TIME TO GO OVER THINGS. THERE WAS OVER 200 PAGES OF RECORDED INFORMATION TO GO OVER, I am a little concerned but no different then in the past. I think I am more relieved that something is being caught.
now mind you he has only had this in him for 2 weeks. they usually say when he has a holter or and event monitor there was noting abnormal about the recordings. they didn't say that this time.
my question and I am sorry this is long, does anyone know how many pages is normal for one recording. the nurse seem shocked that he had this much in such a short time.
thanks
Michelle
I woudn't put too much emphasis on the number of pages recorded.  Keep in mind that a regular ECG which takes about a page is recorded over a 10 second period.  If the episode lasted 10 minutes that would come up to 60 pages.  These devices are set to record information a few minutes before and a few minutes after the episode, plus the episode itself.  I think it's most important that the doctor analyzes all the information available, especially from the episode that was recorded by the teacher and comes up with a diagnosis.  Hang in there.
Thank you so much this actually makes me feel a little more relaxed now knowing that it takes many pages for one recording. so it might have only recorded 4 episodes all total, I was actually thinking more then that and wondering what is really going on. People are freaking out, especially my mom who is a RN, that the doctor hasn't called me back with an answer and I just say it obviously isn't life threatening or else they would have called and all i can think if the only thing that would concern me that he would need immediate attention is he has a complete heart block, he does have a complete RBBB but not the left. so I will find out soon
Again THANK YOU so much.
Mcihelle