Heart Disease Community
pain over heart, radiates to left arm

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

pain over heart, radiates to left arm

i went to my doc yesterday and i told him about my pain and symptoms still and i told him that when i went to the er a few weeks ago with the real bad pain that they told me to talk to my doc about repeating the echo,stress test, and holter, and possibly doing a heart cath. I told him that and he said that they would be useless b/c we already had them done and they didnt show anything. (except heart cath. never had that done), he said that there was nothing wrong with my heart. i've still been having the intermittent chest pain right over my heart, left side of chest, and pain radiating down my left arm and into my left wrist. what are the possibilites that the test i had done would have missed any blockages or anything else that could be causing my symptoms with my heart? what could be causing my pain and symptoms? unstable angina?  are there any substitute tests, less invasive than a heart cath. that are just as good?  nuclear scan? again im a 22 yr old male, 6 ft. 180lbs. bp is 137/80. i do have one tender spot on the left side of my chest but i think its b/c thats where i always grab when i have the pain and i just bruised it, and now i grab it all the time and press on it when i have the pain.
i went to my doc yesterday and i told him about my pain and symptoms still and i told him that when i went to the er a few weeks ago with the real bad pain that they told me to talk to my doc about repeating the echo,stress test, and holter, and possibly doing a heart cath. I told him that and he said that they would be useless b/c we already had them done and they didnt show anything. (except heart cath. never had that done), he said that there was nothing wrong with my heart. i've still been having the intermittent chest pain right over my heart, left side of chest, and pain radiating down my left arm and into my left wrist. what are the possibilites that the test i had done would have missed any blockages or anything else that could be causing my symptoms with my heart? what could be causing my pain and symptoms? unstable angina?  are there any substitute tests, less invasive than a heart cath. that are just as good?  nuclear scan? again im a 22 yr old male, 6 ft. 180lbs. bp is 137/80. i do have one tender spot on the left side of my chest but i think its b/c thats where i always grab when i have the pain and i just bruised it, and now i grab it all the time and press on it when i have the pain. are coronary artery spasms dangerous? if you dont mind could you find out if the ekg would show changes in the event one happened with an event monitor, thanks so much. is coronary artery spasms something that can be corrected, and what are the complications of them.