Heart Disease Expert Forum
scar tissue problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

scar tissue problem

Dear Dr: I am having a problem with scar tissue building up every ten to twelve weeks after I have surgerys.I have had stents,triple by-pass, laser surgery all in the last 6 months.It seems that I a having problems again. I was wondering what I have to do to get into a study program.How successful are these study programs.Can I have laser surgery done every ten to twelve weeks and go back to a normal life style.EG:work(tractor trailer driver) fishing, hunting(bow),house repairs, sex.Thank you for your time
If you are referring to scar tissue build up inside stents, radiation therapy is useful for that problem, much moreso than laser therapy. It is still a relatively new procedure, and the long term safety is unknown. However, the short-term results appear promising.
Dear Dr: Thanks for your reply on my problem of scar tissue.I live in new york(Long Island) and was wondering where I could go to get more information on the radiation therapy you talk about?Is there any place close to me?
Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan is capable of doing this procedure.
Dear Dr: Do you know how long lenox hill hospital has been doing this procedure?Do you have the name of a doctor to contact?
As the procedure is relatively new, no one has done it for long - that is part of why there is a degree of uncertainty if you undergo this procedure. You can ask for an appointment with one of their interventional cardiologists.