stents or bypass
I have been told after an angiogram that I have some mild plaques disease at the mid section and critical stenosis at the distal segment 99%of my right coronary artery.the artery showed severe spasm at its proximal segment and after two sprays of gtn the proximal segment  resolved but the distal segment remained unchanged.I've been told I will need stents but I'm worried if the spasm occurs again and can a stents be put into part of an artery that's 99%blocked ?
I'm not a health professional, but have had a lot of heart issues, including eight stents, six in my right coronary artery, and spasms led to one very large stent to be implanted.  As I understand it, distal refers to branches off the main arteries of the heart arteries.  
I had a distal occulsion about a year ago and had a bypass.  I'm guessing that your symptoms will be relieved with a stent and in my case, yes, a bypass was able to be performed about seven years later.  I'd ask your question to the surgeon, however, before the stent procedure.
"can a stents be put into part of an artery that's 99%blocked ?"

absolutely yes. I've had 100% blockages stented as have many others.

Your spasm could have been caused by the angiogram. If this is the case, the majority settle down again.
Thankyou for your comment it has really helped ,I will ask my surgeon when I go in to get it done ,thanks again
Thanks ed I feel much better about it now thankyou,oh and I hope your wife is much better now and out of danger
I have 2 stents in my RCA and suffer with vasospasms.  I would not hesitate having the stents if it were a choice for me. And with my last heart attack while in the cath lab, I suffered several spasms without any adverse or additional damage.  (I now have 5 stents all on the ride side. The left side is next up. 3 blockages on that side that are not quite 70% yet) If you do end up with constant spasms, keep the nitro handy. It works everytime for me. Ally
Thanks ally so do you still get pain after the stents were put in? Also my cardiologist says he is going to do the stents through my wrist ,I had the angiogram through the groin .I was hoping they would put the stents in that way as well.   Lynne