Heart Health Community
Bypass gone wrong

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This patient support community is for discussions relating to general heart health and topics that are heart-health related such as nutrition, diet, and heart-healthy exercises. Please visit our Heart Disease, Heart Rhythm and Heart Cancer communities for discussions relating to all other cardiovascular disease and treatments.

Bypass gone wrong

My question is that my father was 79 years old and had a bypass surgery on his left main artery.Afterwards he aspirated on apple juice and developed pneumonia and was on the ventilator for 3 months after which he eventually passed away.He also developed A-Fib which the doctors were trying to control with medications.He had diabetes and was being fed through a tube.A few times they managed to wean him of the ventilator but never for long and he would go back on it.During his last days he also had a yeast infection in his blood and C-Dif an infection in his intestines.But the Doctors kept on giving us hope and told him to take him into Rehab for Sub Acute patients.Why did the Doctors give us hope and when we did take him into Rehab he passed away in a week.What Happenend we still dont know and Doctors refuse to give us answers.Help
.C. diff  is a highly contagious bacterium that commonly affects older adults in hospitals or long-term care facilities. For some insight, the condition occurs after the use of antibiotic drugs and difficult to control in the gastrointestinal tract.

For a statistic after a hospital stay of only two days, "it is estimated that 10 percent of patients will develop the disorder. Every year, thousands of individuals get sick from this disease, including otherwise healthy people".

The above would be the highest probability for your father passing away, but not conclusive. You have have my condolence, and I hope the information can help you.  Take care,

Ken
In my recent stay in hospital, we had to drink a yogurt substance full of friendly bacteria every day. Disgusting stuff, but apparently the friendly bacteria really help in the gut to keep the nasty ones at bay.
Ekkiemom commented on flyinlynn's status
Jul 30
jaysonrl is Comment
Jul 27
seflor commented on Portion Distortion: H...
Jul 17