Post Cabg minicardial perfusion test
Hi.

Not sure what the protocol here is, but I was wondering if you can tell me in layman's terms if these results are good, bad, or ugly? I put a number beside what I see as separate questions.

53 yr. old  Former smoker who quit 7 years ago.
Severe sleep apnea for over 20 years.

I did not have a heart attack. I have type 2 diabetes, well controlled by diet and medicine. Weight has dropped from 267 lbs to 230 in the last 6 months through diet and exercise.  I walk 10-15 lkms per day. Awaiting Cardiac Rehab.

I had a triple bypass and an additional artery reconstructed in early Jan. 2013. I feel fine following a rather quick recovery to date.

Myocardial Perfusion Test Results

10 min/11 seconds, 87% of target hr and 12.0 METS (1?)

During exercise, and at peak exercise, there was non-diagnostic ST segment change.
Stress ECG is non-diagnostic for ischemia.(2?)

Imaging:
1) Moderate sized, low intensity reversible inferior wall defect  (3?)
2) Post operative septal wall motion abnormality noted.(4?) Mild inferior hypokenisis post stress and post rest. (5?)

Rest/Post Stress
LV EF%     56 / 58
ESV (ml)    62 / 51                                                (6? All of it?)
EDV (ml)   137 / 123                                      

Impression:  Non-Diagnostic Stress Test. Mild inferior ischemia, and possibly a small inferior infarction noted.(7?)

That's about all he wrote. I have a follow-up appt with this cardiologist, and the week after, an appointment with the gentleman who did my surgery.

Thanks for your help.

Steven
1. These tests require that you reach 85% of your max heart rate, you hit 87%  which is fine. 12 METS is a measurement of the exertion level you reached, also a good number.

2. There were no EKG changes related to active damage from a lack of oxygen to the heart muscle, also fine.

3. There is an area of you heart that does not get enough oxygen when stressed and may be the result of a forming blockage. Reversable means it goes away with rest.

4. This suggests that they noted a abnormality in the way the wall between you chambers contracts.

5. Hypokenisis is an area of your heart that does not contract normally, sometimes called lazy and may be related to #4. This can be a normal variant or can be due to damage to the muscle itself plus many other causes.

6. These numbers are all OK, they measure your heart's effciency when it pumps.

7. This is just the summary noting there MAY be an area of your heart that was damaged by a previous heart attack (infarction) but these tests are often a false positive in women. You need to see what the cardiologist has to say, it may well be nothing at all.

Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Jon