Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Afib and lbbb

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Afib and lbbb

I started with svt then gained a flutter then afib. I have had three right ablations, scheduled for my first left atrium in February. I have had fair success on flecainide but seems to be fading I have increased episodes of afib. When I started flec I developed rate dependent lbbb @ 120 bpm. The lbbb gives me chest pain.  Now when I go into a flutter or afib ?? My ECG shows lbbb.
1) could flecainide be the cause for lbbb?
2) I assume the afib or flutter is triggering lbbb on ECG. If I wasn't on flec would the ECG show the underlying rhythm?
3) I have chest pain in lbbb. My Ep blows this off says it is prob the flec causing prolonged heartbeats? Is this dangerous?
4) I know flec is very effective for afib but if I have symptoms is there another option? Not rhythmol tried and it was horrific.
5) will the lbbb interfere with my afib a flutter study?
6) is there a pacemaker only for lbbb I mean without ablating the sinus node and relying totally on the pacemaker? I'm a young 50 and have suffered with this for fifteen yrs.. Was athletic, was a musician, never smoked, rarely drink, not overweight.  The idea of a pacemaker just depresses me.
Thanks doc
Tim
Hello
Paging doctor Sciafani....dr Sciafani
Hi am sure he will come in soon, did this all start with pacs/ pacs or with something elsa
Hi, I was very athletic and it hit with tachycardia out of blue at age 36, then it was on.
Does anyone know if I did something wrong here? I paid twenty dollar for the doc but I notice several folks have no answer???
Good thing it's just my heart I need to know about and not something important!  .?
I'm 25 and have had the same problem for 4 years.  The ablations didn't work on me, for some reason it created more.  I was on flecanide as well.  It had to be paired with several other medications.  My resting bpm was in the 140s and I would have episodes up into the 300s then it would drop to the low 50s.  During the ablation I had to be revived 3 times and my Dr thought it was too dangerous to go any further.   I'm sorry you're going through this.  I understand the worry and frustration.   I wish I had answers as well.
I'm so sorry for your trouble. I am in hospital right now for my ablation. I hope and pray this one helps. I think you need to seek help from an expert specialist like dr. Natale in Austin tx. He can help you! I am having mine done in lexington
prayers for you and that once its done your done with it and heart is good , plz keep us up-dated sad the Dr on here never came into answer you