Are heart fluttering/palpitations dangerous?
In the last few weeks I have been feeling a fluttering in my chest. It happens quite often, about 15-20 times a day. There are no other symptoms, no pain, no dizziness, no nausea etc. I have recently been diagnosed with low iron and am now taking an iron supplement, and I am asthmatic and take Advair to control that. I work out at least 5 days a week and lately I have been wearing a Polar heart monitor when I work out. I have been watching the heart rate and notice that when I have one of these flutters my heart rate drops about 5 beats for a split second and then jumps back to where it was before the flutter. I am a 52 year old female, in perimenopause. I try to work out at about 75% of my maximum heart rate, so thoughout the workout I am at about 130 beats per minute. During a flutter, it drops to 125-126 for just a second and then goes right back to 130. Like I said, no pain, no other symptom to go with it. Should I be concerned about this? Is this a sign of the beginning of a type of heart disease? I do take HBP meds, but my pressure is stable right now. Any advice would be appreciated.
Palpitations are usually not dangerous, I understand, but if persistent should be checked with at least a EKG check-up, I believe.

You time-of-life changes may be aggravating or causing the, what I read slight, heart rhythm irregularity.

Overall it sounds like you are in good health heart-wise, I'd not be overly concerned.  That said, again, get it check perhaps as part of an annual physical check-up.