Heart Rhythm Community
BP and AFibrillation

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

BP and AFibrillation

I have had elevated BP since about 1974, and have been on several different medications for it, and it has stayed around 150/90 for years.  Two years ago, my doctor discovered AFib, and I was hospitalized and given a shock to the heart which quelled the fibrillation for a few weeks.  When they found it had started again, I was provided with a Pacemaker.   I have been on a number of different medications since.  About two weeks ago, I began feeling dizzy and weak again.  My BP would go up to the low 200s over the low 100s until I took Clonodine pills, which would tempororarily lower it, but it would sink to very low pressure (96/65 being the low point as of now).  Can anyone suggest some treatment that will help stabilize the pressure?
I can't suggest anything new on BP reduction... I guess you are on a beta blocker, right?

I am, nonetheless, shocked to read you went from AFib to electrocardioverson to a pacemaker in quick succession.  You didn't provide a time-line, but it reads like all was done in quick order.

I have had several electrocardioversion, but I had to take an arrhythmia mediation following the conversions to keep me in sinus rhythm for a year or longer.  You didn't mention any medications for rhythm, there must be a lot more you haven't told "us".
christopher007 commented on photo
Mons11 is Comment
LindaTX commented on photo
May 24