Aa
A
A
Close
BP and AFibrillation
I have had elevated BP since about 1974, and have been on several different medications for it, and it has stayed around 150/90 for years.  Two years ago, my doctor discovered AFib, and I was hospitalized and given a shock to the heart which quelled the fibrillation for a few weeks.  When they found it had started again, I was provided with a Pacemaker.   I have been on a number of different medications since.  About two weeks ago, I began feeling dizzy and weak again.  My BP would go up to the low 200s over the low 100s until I took Clonodine pills, which would tempororarily lower it, but it would sink to very low pressure (96/65 being the low point as of now).  Can anyone suggest some treatment that will help stabilize the pressure?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
612551 tn?1450025775
I can't suggest anything new on BP reduction... I guess you are on a beta blocker, right?

I am, nonetheless, shocked to read you went from AFib to electrocardioverson to a pacemaker in quick succession.  You didn't provide a time-line, but it reads like all was done in quick order.

I have had several electrocardioversion, but I had to take an arrhythmia mediation following the conversions to keep me in sinus rhythm for a year or longer.  You didn't mention any medications for rhythm, there must be a lot more you haven't told "us".
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
von123678 VonAdd Comment
6 hrs ago