Aa
A
A
Close
287996 tn?1312027282
Extremely light headed when standing up
i was lying on the couch got to turn the heat down and felt extremely light headed heart raced a lil bit and felt like tingling in legs i know i post a lot but i'm lost
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
612551 tn?1450025775
I just read your reply to another post in which you mention being over weight.  That and any low blood pressure and/or heart rate would cause a dizzy spell when changing physical activity level, such as standing up from a couch, especially if one has been sitting for a long period (more than 10 minutes is my metric).  This can happen to me just from sitting in a doctor's office waiting for a call to come in.  Not that I go to the the doctor all that often, but I can say when I do (dentist, eye, primary, cardiologist) I take my time getting up to prevent a "public" dizzy spell.  I am less careful at home as I can just grab a chair or the wall and stand still for a minute, that's about all it takes.  

If you normally don't have any dizziness from a rapid change in physical activity, I'd think about discussing it with a doctor.  My problem is AFib driven and the inability of my heart to efficiently respond to a change in need for more oxygen.  Once I start moving I can go for a mile or two (not up hill please) without any further dizziness.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
Dec 10
Blank
jimgreg on now 400 mg of lamctal,,a... Comment
Dec 09
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Green Tea and Green T...
Dec 09
Heart Rhythm Community Resources