Heart Arrythmias / Chest Pain
I'm a 24 year old male who is fairly healthy.  

For a few years now I have had chest pains all across my chest.  The pain usually lasts for a few seconds (a minute at most) and most often occurs on my left side of the chest.  Sometimes I get a "heart flutter" sensation in the center of my chest (1-2 times a day at most).  

I recently got my first full-time job out of college and moved 540 miles away from home.  I have been under a huge amount of stress over the past several months (panic attacks, trouble sleeping, etc.).  

I had a full-body physical a few months ago (blood tests, urine tests, physical examination), and everything checked out fine.  

3 months ago I went to the ER for severe vertigo/dizziness.  The physicians administered a CT Scan of my brain, ECG, Blood Test, Urine Test, and everything seemed normal.

1 month ago I went to the ER for very high blood pressure (I think it was roughly 190/95) and chest pains.  While there, the physicians conducted a CT Scan with contrast of my chest and abdomen, ECG which was abnormal (sinus arrythmia with sinus bradycardia), and again blood work and urine work.  Again, everything looked normal.

Since all of this mess, I have been seeing a cardiologist once every two weeks.  I am taking Vasotec (5mg once a day) for hypertension.  This has lowered my blood pressure (now 130-140 / 70).  

I have expressed my concern (many times hah!) of chest pains / heart palpitations with my cardiologist.  He brushes it off as stress related and that I have nothing to worry about.  Since i've had 2 ECGs while at the ER and a CT Scan of my heart, he does not think it is necessary at the present to have an echocardiogram.

What do you think?  I seem to be a healthy 24-year old male who is very active (I work out 4-5 times a week).  Do you think this is anxiety/stress related?  That after this extensive testing and taking blood pressure medication, I am quite possibly a hypochondriac?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mike
Sorry to say it sounds a bit like you have some emotional drivers here affecting your heart.  

Not sure what to suggest, other than try to get our mind off of how your heart feels.  

I think an echocardiogram is indicated only when there is some reason to believe there is a structural (including valves) problem with the heart, seems you do not have any such indication.  

Try to be calm and positive in your thought, while somehow keeping a "eye" on you condition as any change may signal something new, something that will help diagnose.