Heart Rhythm Community
Heart calmed down...here is what helped.

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

So, I had been going absolutely crazy with the PACs and PVCs....was going to get an ablation, but couldn't get off of work, go figure.  Took everything I read into consideration and cut my atenolol to 12.5 mg per day, 500 mg Calcium in morning and 400 mg Mag at night.  I've been much better.  Probably down to a few hundred a day!!!!  I am soooo hoping this holds out for a while.  Hope everyone is well......
Great! Keep up the good work.
I am so happy for you:) what kind of mag do you use? I want to start using it because I am having a very hard time right now.
i'm so glad to hear that something is working for you. i too have been taking magnesium citrate daily, about 7grams a day.
that's great, I'm curious though if your doctors did a panel with calcium & magnesium? I know low levels can cause all kinds of problems but so can too much...my dr did a calcium & b12 recently because of deep bone pain and numbness; on top of everything else...of course it was "normal". so maybe that extra bit helps.

What type or brand works?

I notice a big change in the frequency and duration of my episodes of PVC's when I went from 150mg metoprolol/day to 50 mg/2x/day.. no longer get bi- and tri- geminy ..haven't started taking Mg yet.  I know there are some people that have a negative response to BB's.  I just hope it continues for our sakes.
I would recommend dividing up your mg, same amount but 3 x's a day,,,,in the mornings is when you need the most mg as you use it up during the night.  Glad you are doing better, keep it up
My fingers are crossed for you Rita and i hope you have found the magic mix that works for your body my friend.........anything is possible!!!!
It baffles me that if I search for studies on using beta blockers for positive control of ectopic beats like PACs/PVCs, I find nothing.   If I search for studies done on the proarrhythmia effects of beta blockers, I find many studies.
I have a similar story, rita.  tried many beta blockers and 4 anti-arrr....none worked.....now I am on rhythmol and 50mg. metoprolol...that has been since 6 mo. ago...just plugging along.... then   my internist finally gave me the mag. test....low, of course.  I have been on 1000mg. mag. for 4 mo...each month with less and less palps and no a-fib....told card. it was the mag., not the other meds.....we are cutting down now to 300 mg. rhythmol (1/2 of what I was taking) and see how it goes.....plan is to get rid of the rhythmol completely.  I wld love that...cause, geez, it prob. would lose its effectiveness in a few years anyway.   Well, here's to good luck for both of us.
Glad you're doing so well.  Is the job stress contributing to your heart issues?  Mine did.  Please post your type of mag and dose.  Thanks.
Thanks for sharing and I too hope it lasts!! Similar boat here. Magnesium has really been helping me. I still have them, but they are much less and much lighter. I just added Taurine to the mix today.Crossing my fingers for even better results!!

I take about 400-500 mg a day of Mag Citrate (powder), a chelated mineral complex (has about 400 mg of mag), take epsom bath every day and cut way down on calcium (it fights mag for absorbtion and will always win).
christopher007 commented on photo
May 25
Mons11 is Comment
May 25
LindaTX commented on photo
May 24