Heart missing a beat
Hiya, for a while, maybe a year or 2, i have had a feeling in my chest of emptiness that lasts about 3 to 5 seconds, it doesnt happen very often, maybe 2/3 times a month. Last night i felt my pulse whilst this was happening and my heart missed a beat then did some kind of double beat then carried on as usual. i  am 20 years old, i do smoke but have a bmi of 22. no past of any heart problems in my family, is this anything to worry about?
You may be experiencing what are called 'premature ventricular contractions' or PVCs. If you google this--"John Kenyon PVCs--you will get some information about these common heartbeats out of sync.

*However* IF you smoke and you have ANY kind of odd heartbeat or symptoms, you must do two things:

1.  Quit smoking.  Smoking constricts blood vessels and affects heart rate. It can be extremely dangerous to the heart and circulatory system.  This is not a joke.

2.  See a doc and get an evaluation.