Heart murmur
I was diagnosed with a heart murmur as an infant but nothing said to be too serious and I was always an active child in sports. I am now a 27yr old female and still have my murmur (S4) my PA said during a regular physical recently but we did not look further into even though she said to follow up. (my fathers side has a long history of heart disease) Sometimes my murmur is so bad I get out of breath for a second but lately I get a constant nagging chest pain;left sternum area and it will last for quite a long time before going away. It is happening more frequently and I work out and exercise does not seem to be the cause because it begins even at rest. Any thoughts?
We can't diagnose you on this forum.  We are just patients like yourself.  I would suggest going to see a cardilogist to get a full workup of your heart.  Most murmurs are harmless but considering you are having chest pain it might be best to rule out any problems with the heart.  It is possible the issue has nothing to do with the murmur and the fact that the pain subsides is a good sign but again, a cardiologist is the best person to assess the health and well being of your heart.  Take care.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.