Heart Rhythm Community
Is this Atrial Flutter AND Afib?

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Is this Atrial Flutter AND Afib?

Hello, I received a call from my family doctor after she received my Lexiscan results who said my stress test came back showing Atrial Flutter and I think the nurse said Afib as well.  She didn't have much information past that and was calling to schedule my appt. with the cardiologist.  I just started a pretty high energy exercise program and am wondering if there is any risk too this, until I get into my cardiologist to discuss my results.

My results read: EKG demonstrated a very narrow Q-wave in the inferolateral region. there is evidence of left ventricular hypertrophy electrocardiographically.  The patient developed significant downsloping ST.  The patient went into atrial flutter with 2:1 AB block at 153 BPS during lexiscan infusion and then converted back into regular rhythem. She did develop, subsequently, downsloping in the inferior region.

Do these results reflect Afib as well? I'm a little nervous about the high energy exercise program since the reason I initially went in to see my family doctor was because when I tried to run a 5k I had to stop after about 2 min. of running (3 different times) because of a sharp pain in the left side of my head.  Each time I stopped running it took about 5 min. for the pain to go away.  

Thank you for any help you can offer.
I don't know how to answer your questions about A-fib and A-flutter, although I do have both of them.

About the exercise program....call the cardiologists office, talk to the nurse and ask them about it.  Even if they okay the exercise program, listen to your body.