PACS and Afib
I had a seemingly successful Ablation for afib and flutter almost 3 years ago. About a month ago my blood pressure monitor showed irregular heartbeats. I wore an event monitor for a week which showed no afib but I have developed Pacs. My EP said don't worry about them, there benign. By having had an Ablation can this lessen the likelihood that my Afib can or will return.

PACs that can cause A-fib usually origin by the pulmonary veins (in the left atrium). When doing an ablation for A-fib, the doctors isolate the pulmonary veins, so the impulses (PACs) that origin there are unable to reach the heart.

So it's unlikely that your PACs have the ability to initiate A-fib.

Normal PACs can occur everywhere in the atrium. Almost all of us have PACs during 24-48 hours, and they are usually completely benign. If your EP has seen and evaluated them on the monitor, you should forget them.