PVCs and slow heart rate
My resting heart rate is 48 and been for 20 years  I am 68.  I don;t know if I have a norm of PVCs but due to dehydration (golf and gardening without a hat for a few days successive) my blook pressure dropped from 135/85 to 90/50 and my heart rate from 48 to 28 with many PVCs.  I was hospitalized and after rejecting the option of a pacemaker, the docs opted for putting me on Metropolol 25mg/ 2 x/day. Either the meds or several days of rest (I don;t know which() have restored my norm 48 bpm and 0-2 PVCs per minute.  Could dehydration have been the trigger for this rate episode?
Metropolol, being a betablocker, will slow your heart even more.  Seems bizarre to me to even take when the chief complaint is a slow HR.

In theory you'd be more prone to PVCs the slower your HR.    The reason is that they have more time to trigger.  Also, they are caused by ventricular pacers which are there as a backup in case it doesn't receive a normal signal to beat for a certain amount of time.  The longer they wait, the higher the chance for them to take over.  This is called an escape beat.