Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Palpitations depression and pain.

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Palpitations depression and pain.

Hello Doctor,

I am Madhur Bhatnagar from New Delhi, India. I am professionally a Software Engineer 26 years old guy. The problem I am facing is related to irregular heart beat and some time pain in chest. This I am facing from the past 2 years. I feel depression may time and feel disappointment. My heart beats are irregular and sometime it started beating very fast. During that time I feel slow pain.

I use to weep many times alone. Some time I use to search a corner in the home where nobody comes generally switch off the light and start crying silently, thinking about my past and all. I feel a lot of anxiety.

Many time I think to kill my self. The negativity, disappointment, nervousness takes charge over me and after a lot of effort I reform control on my self. I am worried please help me as soon as possible, I will be highly thankful to you.

Thanks and Regards,
-Madhur
I am sorry to hear about your struggles.  You need to talk to someone for help.  It sounds like your main issue is with depression/anxiety.  You are not alone but I understand that you feel that way.  IF you have a primary doctor, you need to voice these concerns to your doctor, if you do not have one, you need to find one to help direct your care. THere are treatments that can help you, but you need to initiate the first steps.

I hope this helps and wish you well.
Thanks doctor for your prompt response. I would like to know that should I go for any medical perception or if you can advise me any medicine for palpitations? Some time back                
I use to take Indrol 10 mg and 40 mg sometime. If you can suggest someting that will be great.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

With regards,
-Madhur Bhatnagar
There is not a good medication to suppress them. Beta blockers like Indural and calcium channel blockers can sometimes.