Heart Rhythm Community
Post Ablation A-Fib

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Post Ablation A-Fib

I had an ablation two years ago and have felt great no episodes. Then two days ago I had a short episode of what felt like afib. It converted on its own but I am terrified that its back and have had no peace. Has anyone else had this experience. I am concerned that the "monster" is back or is this common and not a source of major concern especially because it converted on its own.
The lack of a reply suggests not many who are active on this community have experience on your question. However, as a fellow AFib suffer (permanent in my case), AFib can occur in anyone and the percent of the population developing AFib goes up with age.  While the majority are fortunate to never develop AFib the percent who do is significant in those 65 and older (don't have the number handy but I think 15 to 20 percent is in the ball park).

There is nothing in having a ablation that prevents "new" troublesome electrical signals from developing. It is my guess that one who has a history of AFib is more likely to develop it again than one the same age and similar health condition who has never had AFib.

Sorry for all the words, none encouraging.  You should discuss with your doctor, perhaps a medication to help convert you can be prescribed for the occasions that you have the feeling of an episode.

Good luck.