Sports physical murmur
Hi, I'm a 15 year old football player in perfect health and shape with no history of any heart problems or anything that would keep me from playing sports.  I recently moved from my old home town to my grandmothers, where i am now, for the better football program. Anyways during my physical, which i got two days ago, I was told that i had a heart murmur. They gave me an ECG and it showed a T wave inversion, so the doctor signed off that i couldnt play sports untill i followed up with a Cardiologist, which is understandable. Ive been training for a long time now working out running, and just recently finished conditioning with my football team to get us in shape for the football season. Well the doctor told me if i had a murmur any really strainious activities could cause me to have a heart attack or something that could be fatal, but i didn't expierence any of the symptoms a murmur would show. The doctor said that i have had this murmur for a while now but before i moved here i got a physical and they didnt say anything about a murmur. Anyways i had a few questions. if the Ecg showed a T wave inversion is it possible i don't have a murmur and maybe something else, and if i do is it possible to still play sports?
I don't understand from your post if you have seen a cardiologist.  In any case, I would suggest that your follow your doctor's recommendations, even if those recommendations are not determinate in you participation as far as the school is concerned.

I do not know what the inversion means, but I doubt very much it has anything to do with a heart murmur.  I believe a heart murmur is related to a valve or other physical "defect" in the heart.  The EKG measures "electrical" signals in the heart timing/trigger system.