Troponin Levels
I have been suffering for about a week from a nagging chest pain that occasionally radiates up to my neck and down my left arm.  I went to the ER and found out I was have PVC's.  only about 3-8 a minute.  They did blood work and my Troponin levels came back at .15.  They said that these levels were slightly elevated. They sent me home.  I am a 43 old women 5'7" 140 lbs.  I am pretty active and eat pretty well.  Should I be concerned with the elevated Troponin levels?
I wouldn't worry about it kiki.................it would make sense with slightly elevated levels that you would get the nagging chest pain and i am sure you were told that it isn't necessarily your heart muscles but could be chest muscles, and any  muscle for that matter.  It simply means that your troponin levels are causing some slight contractions within the muscles....long term even w. that level you are pretty good to go.....relax a little and ask your doc what you can do to help stop the contractions. With women it means just about zilch w. pain radiating down your left arm and up into your neck...these are not symtoms of a heart attack for a woman so don't worry.  Working out may very well set them off...talk to your doc .............
Hang on there a minute; not good advice about heart attack in women. Kiki; you've read my page.PVCs can indicate that your heart is not getting enough oxygen and maybe throwing your troponin levels (enzymes released from cardiac/muscle tissue). The nagging chest pain you're having plus the PVCs, plus jaw and arm pain can be quite indicative of a heart that is not getting good blood flow, even down to the microvascular level. You may not have had a heart attack ( an infarct/blockage/narrowing=damaged heart muscle) but you could easily have poor profusion of blood to the heart muscle. Get back to a cardiologist, your primary care and keep track of these signs.Joan.