Heart Rhythm Community
Very Dizzy - almost passed out today

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Very Dizzy - almost passed out today

Today I walked back to my desk at a normal pace and sat down normally.  I was seated for a couple of minutes and then all of a sudden, my head felt like a wave of dizziness was filling it up.  My eyes became un-focused and I felt as if I was about to pass out.  I did not ever pass out but I was very close I think.  Then the feeling passed within just a minute or two.  I never had any tingling in my arms or legs or anything and I never felt any nausia.  I did not even get a headache.  I went by my doctor's office to have my blood pressure checked because I thought maybe it was something like that or a sugar drop. I have not been sleeping well lately so I just have no idea.  When I had my Blood pressure checked it was at 160/94.  That was at 11am.  I immediately ate something (peanut butter on an english muffin, cup of yogert and a large glass of OJ) and checked my BP again and it was 128/86.  That was at 11:45am.  I went back to work and felt pretty good the rest of the day.  Tonight I have a dull headache but no big deal.  Checked my BP again at 6:30pm and it was at 126/84.  I have eaten lean pork chops, creamed potatos and green beans for dinner and seem to be okay but have a very faint dizziness with dull headache.  Can you give me an opinion?  
I would get it checked by your doctor. I would also see a chiropractor, if your neck has some nerves pinched, you will definitely have dizziness, I know I sure do. Chiropractors can even help blood pressure as again, nerves that are pinched can affect the entire nervous system.

Do you have low blood sugar, sometimes this will also cause the dizzy spells.