WPW.. Ablation tomorrow
I am having an ablation done tomorrow to treat my WPW.  I am getting a little nervous about it.  I know it is a simple procedure, but I still can't help feeling anxious.  Although, I am excited as well.  I am 31 years old and have been told for the past 15 years that I have MVP by general physicians.  The past year and a half it has gotten so bad that I am having big episodes weekly and have such constant shortness of breath and anxiety I have had to cut my exercise routines in half or not at all and am tired ALL the time.  Finally I went to a cardiologist and they put me on a heart monitor.  After just one week they were able to tell me that I have WPW and it is so severe that medications will not help.  So for 15 years I have had this and thought it was just something I had to live with.  I can't wait to feel better!!  Can anyone who has had this procedure done help put my mind at ease???
My ablation was for afib (PVI ablation) so it is not the same as what you will have. To be honest with you, I'm not sure what the WPW ablation entails. However, I had my ablation 2 months ago and I was fine up until the day before when I sort of freaked out. It is your heart and you have only one. So I know just how you feel right now.

My procedure went very smoothly and my recovery took longer than I expected. Several people out here went shopping on the way home from the hospital the next day. Me, not so much. My doctor said to take it very easy for 1 full week. I needed that week and then some to get my strength back.

Hopefully you will bounce right back but be sure you follow your doctor's orders and if you aren't feeling normal after a few days or even weeks then don't beat yourself up. Everyone heals at different rates and you need to let your body and heart have the time they need to recover.

Maybe someone who has had an ablation for WPW will respond tonight and give you some more insight.

Good luck to you tomorrow and try to relax if you can. It will all be behind you before you know it and hopefully, you'll be free of WPW.
Good luck tomorrow! I just had an ablation ten days ago and still recovering. Just be patient if things don't go as fast as you would like. Like everyone here has told me, it takes time to heal, but maybe you will be lucky and feel great and go shopping the next day like SooZee ATL said some do!! I hope so! We will be thinking of you and let us know how it goes!
I had my ablation way back in 1993 when the technology was fairly new or it was where I lived. I had not heard a thing about it and was scared to death  but I had lived with bouts of tachy for my whole life. so this was a God Send!!! It was a piece of cake then and I bet they have made huge strides since then....good luck and please let us know how you make out. I bet you will be fine and so happy that you had the chance to have this procedure done!!!
Best to you~~~~