Heart Rhythm Community
Weird Feeling in chest and bump on wrist

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

I'm an 18 year old male who exercises on a regular basis and lives a very healthy lifestyle. A few weeks ago a small bump formed on my right wrist which gets bigger when i exercise and shrinks within a few hours. It doesn't hurt and most forums online stated that this was common for people who did a lot of exercise. People stated that it was just an expanding valve for more blood to flow through. Feeling no pain I decided to ignore it.

Today, a few weeks later, I'm starting to feel a gurgling sort of feeling in my middle left part of the chest, around the heart. Once again, this doesn't hurt but this has never happened to me before and I don't think it's normal for someone as young and healthy as I. Most online forums suggest this is heart palpitations which in most cases is harmless.

Does anyone know if these two symptoms are correlated in some way and if I should be concerned?

Thanks in advance
More than likely what you are feeling is benign but I suggest going to the doctor and getting checked out.  It is best to let a doctor check to make sure everything is fine rather than just assume it.  More than likely you are just having some ectopic beats of some sort though to be certain you will need to catch them on a monitor.  You can try and feel your pulse and see if you can sense what is going on but a monitor is the only way to know for sure.  So your best bet is to see a doctor and get evaluated though I do suspect that there isn't anything too worrisome going on but just go and get checked out to be sure.  Take care and keep us posted on how you are.