Heart Rhythm Community
atrial fibrilation caused by car crash
About This Community:

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

atrial fibrilation caused by car crash

had a car crash hit by a lorry at 50mph found at hospital abnormal ecg diagnosed with atrial fibrilation, echocardiogram showed large left atria, doctor said i could have had af before accident, but i did not have any symptoms, surely that crash started something, i feel like an invalid now, i took full impact of accident side on.
Related Discussions
612551 tn?1450025775
I'm just a "fellow" AFib suffer, not a doctor, but I'd say I doubt that an auto/lorry accident would cause a sudden enlargement of the left atrium.  I have heard the term lorry, of course, but I don't know if it related to automotive vehicles in general only to large ones, I think the latter.  An enlarged left atrium is one condition that is conducive (not sufficient) to development of AFib.

One can suffer from AFib without feeling any symptoms.  I suppose the accident could have made the symptoms worse or more noticeable, but even that seems unlikely to me.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
Blank
Normal
4 hrs ago by fred256
Blank
Journal entry 2
5 hrs ago by 2_Anxious
1236893 tn?1408490528