Heart Rhythm Community
is this heart desease?

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

is this heart desease?

My ecg said one thing im sure they will be able to say more but I was told I have a thick heart on left side also the left venticilar nothing more until I see the doctor in 3 weeks. I have type 2 diabeatis, high BP, high colesteral,COPD  ASthma
Sorry to read you are suffering from a combination of problems, each making the other worse that it would be alone.  I have some breathing problems and I know that makes my atrial fibrillation worse.  

Technically I don't know what criteria has to be met to be labelled "heart disease", but I think your condition is in that neighborhood.  That said, the more important issue is "what are you doing about it".  I hope you are able to take medication to lower your BP and cholesterol.  I take medications for both (in my case I'm after lower my HR, not BP, but beta blockers do both, and these meds work well for me.

I'm of the opinion that a test like an echocardiogram is needed to clearly test for heart physical measurements, such as wall thickness.  Perhaps one is being scheduled.  

Best I can offer at his point is make sure you have all the facts to tell you doctor.  If I'm having issues, and seems I always am, when I have a doctor appointment I makes some written notes for my use when talking to be sure I cover all the "facts" as I know them.  Sadly I don't always get answers that make be feel better.

Good luck and work on keeping a positive mindset, believe you can and will get control of your condition.