meds after ablation
I've been "living with it" for over a year now and am considering ablation for PVCs. Healthy heart otherwise..just a little electrical problem. What meds are usually prescribed after catheter ablation for PVCs and generally for how long? I'd ask my cardi but he is out of the country right now. Thanks
I had an ablation last week,  I was started on meds after the ablation since my EP could not ablate my pvc's.  He told me normally 6 weeks after the ablation and your heart is healed you can wean off the meds and see how things are.  
I'm sorry the ablation was not sucessful. Are the meds you are now on antiarrthmics or beta blockers? Do you think you might try again or do you get to "live with it"?
I am on Atenolol, Its not working great but an improvement.   I have to live with it, my pvc's originate to close to my artery to ablate.   Have you seen an EP?  PVC's are usually hard to ablate because they usually are multifocal.    
Are meds usually prescribed after an ablation?  I am scheduled for an ablation for SVT but also have many PVCs that I was told the ablation would not treat.  Does this mean I will have to continue meds anyway after the procedure during healing? Is this the norm?  Just curious..was hoping to eventually be med free.
I had my ablation for a-fib and a-flutter back in Jan. 08. I was on all my meds for 6 months after the ablation. My doctor weaned me off them a little at a time. The last med I was taken off off was coumadin. My EP (at Univ of Penn) told me that it was his norm to keep his patients on the meds for some time after. Now, I don't know if this is true for SVT ablations.
I am 3 weeks post Afib and svt ablation.  I was told to stay on meds for 6 weeks, I take atenolol and baby aspirin.  I too have Pvc's that the ablation could not take care of.  I am now down to 1/2 a dose of Atenolol 12.5 and feel great.    I hope you have the same success
I've just had ablation done a few days ago and would highly recommend it. I haven't had to have any meds afterwards but i wasn't on any prior as I didn't find they helped. Other than being a bit sore and bruised and slightly more aware of my heart rate I haven't had any side effects. I would go for it.