rythmol
RRW
Is Rythmol a commonly used drug to treat atrial arrhythmias.  When I had my Rx filled the pharmacy had to special order it then the pharmacist gave me a warning about dangerous side effects.

This discussion is related to Propafanone dosing.
I took rythmol for about six months. It was prescribed after an AFib episode that put me in the hospital for two days until my heart converted to normal sinus rhythm. I was misdiagnosed as having an arrhythmia when in fact according the the EP it was an AFib attacked, cause unknown. The rythmol may or may not have been responsible for my heart converting back to normal rhythm, it may have converted on its on. The side effect I did encounter was a terrible taste in my mouth, that was at a dosage of 225 mg. When the cardiologist reduced the dose to 175 mg the taste went away, I did not notice any other symptoms. However I do encounter occasional PVCs and PACs. they became very pronounced during this time. The EP weaned me off rythmol and over time, many month now the irregular heartbeat has subsided and I don't seem to encounter the severity or frequency I did. Whether or not this can be attributed to rythmol is not known to me, however the side effects do say rythmol can increase palpitations. I am pretty susceptible to drug side effects, but really didn't notice anything other than the taste issue and perhaps increased palpitations. I'm glad I'm off it now.