skipped beats
hi there im 24 obese and a smoker, i have noticed that by pulse/ heart is skipping a beat every time i  breath in or out, im just a little concerned about this, i have done a 24 hr holter 6 months ago and echo, everything came out ok. so i was just wondering if this is a normal thing. thanks
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings calingaw but you yourself answered your own question..is it normal? If you are carrying a couple of extra pounds and smoking on top of it this all means that your heart is having to work alot harder to keep up with you....in essence in the situ you have described because you are putting your heart under strain i am not surprised that you are skipping beats.  Some things you can do tho to help yourself a little is to stay away from caffeine, iced tea, colored sodas, red wine, limit your sugar intake, no fruit after two in the afternoon, no energy drinks and most of all drink lot of water and stay hydrated because being dehydrated can set these off.  We have a great section on Medhelp under the forum section on how to quit smoking...i can't say much i was a smoker and tried everything and the only thing that worked for me was the Nicorette "Puffers" which look like a cig, taste like a cig and its not.  I tried patches, pills, rubber bands, lollypops, everything out there and this was the only thing that worked for me.  You have to see your doc tho to get an okay to use  them...good luck my friend....