Hemorrhoids Community
Discomfort in Anus

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Discomfort in Anus

Hi everyone.

Lately I have a bowel feeling nearly all the time. It is like there is stool in my anus which wants to come out and when I go to WC, there is rarely any movement.

In fact, it all started when I had constipation about two months ago. After the constipation, I have lost all my past bowel habits (the hours, the quantity, etc) And I was having also burn in my anus especially while sitting down. Last week I went to my GP and he did a finger check through my anus and told me that I have a tear inside my anus. I have been taking suppository and syrup (to soften stool). I can say that it is helping me as I dont have burn as I used to have before. But I still have the bowel sensation and this is quite annoying.

Is anyone here suffering from same desease? or could it be something else and not tear in my anus as my GP said if it doesnt pass within two weeks, I have to visit a specialist.

I am worried about it. I hope to receive some comments to relief me!

Thanks very much
Parasit
Hi!
An urge to pass stool can be due to parasitic infections like amoebiasis, giardiasis, threadworms or due to IBS, Crohn’s, celiac, lactose intolerance or due to other food intolerances. Since you also have an anal itch, it can either be a parasitic or fungal infection or it can be intolerance to undigested food like citrus fruits, grapes, certain spices, tomatoes, certain medicines like antibiotics and laxatives and certain drinks like beer, milk, tea, or coffee. There are many other causes of itchy anus like anal fissures, hemorrhoids, irritants like synthetic fiber, toiletries or fungal infection. Genital warts and sores of herpes should also be ruled out. Eczema, dermatitis and fungal infection can also cause this. However all these causes are unrelated to the urge to pass stools. You need to consult a skin specialist for confirmed diagnosis. Your PCP too can help run basic tests like stool examination and STD swab tests for herpes and genital warts.
Take care!
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I do not have itch in my anus as you stated.

For the past 4-5 days, I am feeling very well as no bowel feeling and no burning sensation. But yesterday, after bowel, I saw very little of blood on the toilet paper. It is like pimple bleeding.

Do I need to get concerned about this? Is this normal in my case?

Best regards
Parasit